Where to shop... Paris, France

Saturday 9 May 2015


As you guys know, recently I got the chance to visit Paris as a gift for my 21st birthday from my very lovely boyfriend. We were there for 6 days and managed to do all of the touristy things such as the Eiffiel Tower and the Champs-Elysees, as well as a private tour through the Veuve Clicquot vineyards and visited Disneyland Paris! It was one hectic week with uni work thrown in too. Because there is so much to do and see in Paris I'd definitely recommend planning your trip before you go so you can get to do the things you'd like to. My boyfriend and I set out an itinerary with all the places we wanted to visit most and grouped them together to make it worthwhile. Unfortunately we had some really bad weather whilst we were there so had to hide for cover from the rain in a lot of shops, to be honest it wasn't that unfortunate for me mostly just for my boyfriend being dragged around.

Champs-Elysees - I would really recommend visiting the Champs-Elysees and walking down the street. It can be pretty busy but it really is beautiful and there is hundreds of shops ranging from designer to high street. There are also a number of car displays in stores which include Toyota, Renault, Peugeot and BMW, which are great for keeping your man happy if you are dragging him into lots of stores you like, the displays are also very interesting and Renault even have a free photobooth. You'll get two copies of your photos and a moving gif sent to your emails. I was hunting for a new bag in Paris, I really wanted to get a large travel size Longchamp bag, however I found that the staff were quite rude, only dealing with customers they thought had money to spend. 

Galeries Lafayette - We were recommended to visit this by my boyfriend's mum, which I cannot thank her enough for. I love premium department stores, as I think they are always beautifully presented and there is such a feeling of luxury when you walk round them. As expected there are all the main luxury brands such as Mulberry, Prada, Chanel, Longchamp, you name it they have it. The store is also divided into two, one store for women one for males so be sure to visit both. There is additionally cafes and restaurants on most floors incase you are feeling peckish. 

Have you been to Paris before? Where did you shop?
Blog soon little ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment