Fruit Water

Saturday 28 March 2015


I know this post might not be for everyone, but I have been actively trying to make my diet more healthy by changing small things. I recently watched a program on the BBC about the truth behind sugar and let me tell you - it is in everything. We are only supposed to have 6 teaspoons a day but some of the things we eat and drink has drastically more than that. In my aim to get healthy I have been buying litre bottles of water and setting myself the task to drink enough a day. I wanted to mix things up a little and have flavoured water too, but after I watched the sugar program I discovered that a large Volvic strawberry flavoured water has nearly 18 teaspoons of artificial sugar!

As a result I really wanted to continue drinking flavoured water however had to find an alternative way. This has therefore brought about my new obsession of fruit water. You can choose any fruit you like cut it up and stick it in your water and voila fantastic flavoured water! I really like trying combinations of different fruits too, so the one pictured contains strawberry, raspberry and mint. Not only does it tastes good but it makes you feel great too. 

Have you tried this before?
Blog soon little ones. 



1 comment :

  1. This is a great idea! I've seen a few blog posts about this and I think I might try making fruit water myself!

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete