January Books

Thursday 22 January 2015


Currently I am somewhere in the air between London and Texas Fort Worth so have scheduled this post to give you lovely people something to read. Recently I posted about my new years resolutions here - one of my resolutions included reading more books this year. I have always been an avid reader so really wanted the chance to finally get the chance to read some books that I have been meaning to read for ages. The first three for this month include We Were Liars, If I Stay and We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves.

We Are Completely Beside Ourselves
"Rosemary's young, just at college, and she's decided not to tell anyone a thing about her family. Rosemary is now an only child, but she used to have a sister the same age as her, and an older brother. Both are now gone - vanished from her life. There's something unique about Rosemary's sister, Fern. And it was this decision, made by her parents, to give Rosemary a sister like no other, that began all of Rosemary's trouble. So now she's telling her story: full of hilarious asides and brilliantly spiky lines, it's a looping narrative that begins towards the end, and then goes back to the beginning. Twice."

If I Stay
"The last normal moment that Mia, a talented cellist, can remember is being in the car with her family. Then she is standing outside her body beside their mangled Buick and her parents’ corpses, watching herself and her little brother being tended by paramedics. As she ponders her state (“Am I dead? I actually have to ask myself this”), Mia is whisked away to a hospital, where, her body in a coma, she reflects on the past and tries to decide whether to fight to live. Via Mia’s thoughts and flashbacks, her passion for classical music and her strong relationships with her family, friends and boyfriend, Adam are explored." 

We Were Liars
"We are the Liars. We are beautiful, privileged and live a life of carefree luxury. We are cracked and broken. A story of love and romance. A tale of tragedy. Which are lies? Which is truth?"


Have you read any of these? What do you think?
Blog soon little ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment