*Book Spotlight

Saturday 5 October 2013

Hush: A Lakeview Novel - Stacey R. Campbell.
I was really into this novel as soon as I read the blurb. I am self confessed new adult book addict. I swear I just cannot get enough of the genre! Something about fast paced, dystopian, or teenage star crossed lovers always gets the hopeless romantic in me. And this was no let down. 

"For small-town girl Blakely Henry, any hope of finding her biological parents died when she stopped believing in fairy tales and Disney princes. That is, until she spots her boarding school's new British exchange student, Max Ryder, staring at her.
Why would a boy who looks like he stepped out of the pages of a magazine be looking at her?
Because Max knows something Blakely doesn't."
Following a young eighteen and his fascination with reporting, it brings him on an exchange program in Canada where he meets the mesmerising, Blakely. The two are drawn to each other and not just because of a dark secret surrounding Blakely and her family.  
I really enjoyed Campbell's style of writing, and the way she wrote about both characters feelings, making their relationship much more believable than some other novels I have previously read. The surrounding characters around both protagonists are filled with much more substance and humour than I originally expected, which was so refreshing to read. I especially loved the character of North, his quick wit and the way he interacts with Blakely and Max, is much like I react with my own friends. 
Without being too short or too long, the novel was able to fully tell an exciting and page turning story which kept you wanting to read more about the evolving relationship between its two central characters. A will they or won't they question was posed for much of the novel.
The series are set to continue, with another three said to already be in motion. Set around the magnificent Lakeview school I think it makes a great grounding point for new and exciting characters to emerge and be explored other than the two protagonists of this book. I am really looking forward to reading more from Campbell, and hope the next few instalments in the series comes sooner rather than later.

I would really recommend this book if you get the chance to read it. And would love to hear your reviews on the novel if you did. 
Blog soon little ones! 



* Book courtesy of Netgalley. I therefore do not own the rights to the image, all credit is due to publishers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment